Legazpi City

2:27 PM Markee Lakwatsero 0 Comments



My first time in Legazpi City. It was 3 days after typhoon Noona and the weather was either rainy or cloudy. Good thing it did not rain that hard. It was off and on rain. When my plane landed Thursday I was expecting to see Mount Mayon. Apparently, Mayon did not appeared. Thick clouds hovered the skies.


However, it did not stop me to do what I plan. I immediately started my first adventure- The ATV. Your Brother ATV tour company pick me up at the airport and in 10 minutes we are already at the site. Here are their rates:







There are 2 ATV company in Legazpi and the one I took was the nearest in the airport and I felt like a celebrity when they offered to pick me up at the airport with their Ford SUV car. I took the Mayon ATV Challenge (medium) since I am on a budget. I have already tried ATV in Boracay and seen them in my hometown Cebu as well but the one in Legazpi was just amazing. The trail was a river with volcanic rocks along and the view of Mayon is just spectacular. It was just something new to me. 








Supposedly, I planned to stay in Legazpi for just half a day and proceed to Sorsogon for my next adventure there. But since my Hotel texted me that electricity and internet is still not stable, I opted to stay overnight in Legazpi. I stayed at Mayon Backpackers for only P350 per night. Not bad at all. Just fits my budget.

And take note, during my stay there I am the only Filipino guest they have. The rest are all foreigners. My stay was not really that good because the foreigners were really stinky. I dont mind not getting enough sleep but having untidy, rubbish smell around disgusts me.  And since I am working online I have to make sure that I have the fastest internet connection. Both my pocket wifi's (Globe & Smart) are really slow maybe due to the recent typhoon Noona's passing. However, Mayon Backpacker has a PLDT landline Wifi which only works fast in the Lounge area. So I stayed there the whole night just to work. It was a sleepless night but I was more excited what will happen next days for my adventure.

After work around 8am Friday, I immediately thought of what adventure to do next in Legazpi. So I checked out at Mayon Backpackers and I went to Cagsawa ruins. With the locals instructions, I took a jeep going to Guinobatan and told  the driver to drop me at Cagsawa. Travel time was around 30 mins. At Cagsawa, took a pedicab and paid P20 for the special trip to the ruins. Travel time is less than 10 mins. 



Mayon Volcano still did'nt showed up on my visit. 


Since, I have to secure to have a
better internet connection for tonight's online, again I opted to stay in Legazpi. I found a better stay at Legazpi Amigos Hometel for P800 per night. Rate is much higher than Mayon Backpackers but this time the room is just mine, very clean and spacious and most of all Wifi is accessible inside the room. Just perfect!


After my Friday night's work, came saturday. I am so excited to go for my next adventure. I checked out at the hotel and I went to the Train Station. Everytime I asked the locals how to get there, they are astonished. It seems that they dont consider their train station a tourist spot. Well, I am from cebu and we dont have trains in Cebu and for me their train station (with a function train) is indeed a tourist attraction. So I took a jeep and told the driver to drop me at the train station. When I arrived there around 9am, it was quiet. The trains were just there on the track resting. The next scheduled ride will be at 5:30pm. So there are no photobombers and the area is all mine for photoshoots LOL. 







My Sorsogon hotel texted me again that electricity is stable in Sorsogon. Since it is already a weekend and day off, internet is no more an issue. So I went off to Sorsogon. Please check my Sorsogon trip soon. 

Have a good day guys! 😊😊😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments: